Sunday, November 6, 2011

Time for a re-cap and to get back to blogging!

Hello world!

I feel like it's been forever, but it's really only been a couple weeks since I last posted. I feel guilty for missing my Monday Featured Favorites last week but with all the Halloween excitement, who was really sitting at home reading a blog, right??

As you may, or may not, know..I have relocated to Austin, TX! I am officially settled in. Peanut is loving his new room {that has LOTS of sunlight}, I am surrounded by furry creatures in my new home, {the good kind..like dogs and bunnies...and chickens, and birds. Not like gross rats or anything.}

I would love to share some of the excitement with you!!!


This is Peanut traveling halfway across the country.
He is a tough little dude who is well traveled.

This is Mr. {Meeeester} Bunny.
He lives in the backyard along with Mama bunny. {not pictured}
He has the most velvety fur. EVER.

We stayed at the landmark Austin Motel on Halloween Night.
{not my photo} but this is EXACTLY what it looked like.
It was a funky, and cheap, little place but they don't have beds for big people.

This little funky joint is one of mine and the beau's favorite places for breakfast and yummy food.
Don't forget the scrumptious coffee too!!

THE MIGHTY CONE!!!! Food Cart style.
It is definitely Mighty and YUMMY!
This little cone is an Asian crusted chicken with Asian slaw and fried avocado in a tortilla.
Fabulous root beer too!

The view of downtown right along the river walk that just happens to be MINUTES from my home.

I was lucky to find a pretty sweet living situation. I am in a home that previously served as a Bed and Breakfast called the Summit House. Owned by an outgoing, friendly, and very welcoming guy named David {who seems to know everything Austin} the place is filled with eclectic nicknacks from around the world, local artwork, pictures of Dali and Frida Khalo, a huge world map that has pins in places that his guests came from, 3 adorable pups, and a cute little bird.


He calls himself the "Well Traveled Chef" and makes things like this regularly.....

Find more about his food on my new Tasty Tuesday's blog posts.

This past Friday he hosted a small gathering he likes to call Pasta Party Friday's. This is where he plans a dish and dessert and invites his friends over. For a mere $10 {to help cover cost of ingredients} he cooks a gourmet meal for you. You can't beat that!!!

This dinner consisted of a Thai influenced pasta dish with carrots and spinach accompanied by an asparagus soup, fresh bread from the farmers market, and this DELICIOUS pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. I got to smell it from start to finish..... a bit of a teaser if you ask me.


I am looking forward to seeing what else he has up his sleeve. I am trying to get him started on a blog.... fingers crossed he shares his wisdom of food with you!!!

Hope you enjoyed my little re-cap. As the days go by and I have new adventures in this city, more pictures will be posted.

Tomorrow I will be announcing some new and exciting changes that are happening to the blog in order to offer you some wonderful information about food, events, artists, musicians, the latest finds, and much, much more!!!

Have a wonderful Sunday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment