Tuesday, March 19, 2013

AN UPDATE: Scott Wade - Dirty Car Art spotted!!

This morning over coffee I was feeling pretty motivated and a little daring so I sent out a few e-mails that I normally would shy away from.  None of which I regret at 11:30 at night so I am happy about that.  One that I am SUPER excited that I wrote, because I got a response from Scott Wade himself!!! 

To sum up my e-mail it went like this:

"OMG! Giddy, giddy, giddy! What a surprise!! OMG...freak out."

(well, not really, but it WAS enthusiastic with lots of exclamation points.)

I asked him 3 questions:

  1. Do you spot cars and create? or do you prep them? 
  2. Was this your truck or someone else's?
  3. Do you have a hidden camera inside to watch reactions? (because ours were probably pretty funny)

He took time out of his day to write me back and answered all of these!!  So, I thought I would share.

#2 - This truck was his friend's who lives in Texas.  It was done for Killeen's "Take 190 West" art festival that was on March 2nd.

#1 - He prepped the side window to do another one but the weather won and he only got the back done.

#1 - For events, (yes, you can hire him...DO IT and invite me, k?) he has a special method for preparing vehicles but claimed he still loves the "natural canvas" of a really dirty car.  (I LOVE THAT!!!)  He also confessed to drawing a silly face on a car at his work building because he couldn't resist.  (LOVE THAT TOOOO!)  He respects people's property and doesn't want to do too much on a car without permission but sometimes can't help it.  (Who wouldn't love to walk to their car and see something??)

I give you permission!!

and now....#3 - no camera but he did say he loved the idea!  (awesome! I think Sandi gets credit for the camera idea - def something she would think of..haha) He talked about a show with his ideas but I will keep those his secret and not ruin anything and keep my fingers crossed it happens.  It would be so fun to watch!

 I borrowed this image from a www.neatorama.com story because I like to see faces of people I read/write about. 

Kind e-mail, kind smile, awesome art, awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment